Looking to sign up for GOTV events? Visit Mobilize.Us for GOTV events and actions you can take right now -->
With days until the 2021 election, we put together a quick list of high-impact features you can activate now to have a big impact on GOTV. Together, these features could bring you up to 32% more signups and they’re all ridiculously easy to set up. Make sure you’re taking advantage of all of the features Mobilize has to offer before Get Out The Vote!
10 seconds - 5 minutes to configure; 14% signup uplift (Admins Only)
The Mobilize community is made up of many organizations and supporters. Our promotions feature allows you to tap into the network by highlighting the events of likeminded campaigns and organizations on your feed—and vice versa! 14% of signups platform-wide are driven through promotions and it’s easy as a click of a button!
- Make sure the Enable promotions by other organizations toggle is switched on in your Settings tab, to allow your events to appear on Mobilize.Us and on other partners' feeds.
- Go to the Promotions tab and search for your endorsed candidates, local organizations, and like-minded causes. If you see any like-minded organizations in the list that might be interested in promoting your events, use the “Request Promotion” button to ask them to lift up your events!
- Browse Mobilize.Us for GOTV events that might be relevant to your supporters and promote them to your feed with our single-event promotion feature. Your supporters have more ways to take action, and you gather additional signup data for future engagement – a win-win!
#2: Automated event suggestions
0 - 60 seconds to configure; up to 12% uplift
12% (!!!) of Mobilize signups come from the automated event suggestions we send to supporters after they sign up for an event. These nudges are on by default—no extra work required—but you can take it one step further and customize the event suggestions to get your most important GOTV events front and center!
- Make sure the Sign up for other events toggle is on (underneath Communications)
- Select Customize to add up to three event links to the automated follow-up after a shift
- Pro tip—leave all of the toggles under Communications on to drive more shifts from bring-a-friend and other features, with no extra effort!
#3: Weekly Newsletter
1 minute to configure; 4-6% uplift (Admins Only)
In September 2020, we launched a personalized weekly event suggestion newsletter. In our testing, the newsletter generated 4-6% of overall signups, so you’ll definitely want to take advantage of it!
The newsletter is sent on Thursday afternoons to supporters who have signed up for past events or filled out the interest form on your feed. Every newsletter is personalized and automatically suggests events based on the user’s ZIP code and attendance history.
- In your Settings tab, make sure the Automated recommendation newsletter section is set to send once a week.
- Add a custom message to your newsletter by clicking on the Customize message and event suggestions link in the Automated recommendation newsletter section
- Add custom events to your weekly newsletter to make sure your supporters see your highest priority events first!
#4: Automated Check-In for Virtual Events
10 seconds to configure; time-saver (Admins Only)
During GOTV, time is of the essence, and recording attendance after an event can take precious time away from GOTV efforts. With our Automated Check-In for Virtual Events, you can capture attendance data automatically based on whether a supporter clicked or tapped the "link to join" in the automated email & SMS notifications from Mobilize.
- Go to your Settings tab (Admins only) and turn on the toggle next to enable automated check-in for virtual events. This will update attendees’ statuses if they click/tap the join link in email or SMS, starting 30 minutes before the event.
- Make sure your conference links (Zoom, Google Meet, etc) are added as the 'link to join' for each shift or timeslot. This ensures that the conference links end up in helpful places like a prominent button in confirmation emails, and in an SMS reminder 30 minutes before the event.
- Use the How to prepare field on an event to tell volunteers what to expect—will there be a training? Should they download an app? Arrive 10 minutes early? Read a call script? Learn more about optimizing your virtual events
#5: Post-signup fundraising
60 seconds to configure (Admins Only)
Why not use your GOTV events to raise money for future efforts? Our post-signup fundraising feature is quick to set up and automatically adds a donation ask to supporters after they register for events. 13% of users who see a fundraising ask after signing up on Mobilize initiate a donation averaging around $27.
- Go to your Fundraising Settings tab and add a link to your fundraising page (whether it's EveryAction, ActBlue, or another platform!) under Post-signup donations
- Add custom dollar amounts for an even more seamless donor experience.
Good luck in the final stretch - you’ve got this!
If you have any questions about activating these features, reach out to your Client Success Manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, THANK YOU, for everything you’re doing to protect our democracy.