We are honored to be a part of so many important, progressive movements. So far this year, Mobilize has launched a new brand, website, and blog, better representing our work (and the work of our amazing partners!) to the world.
Despite major global challenges, we’ve maintained momentum and continued to thrive by adapting quickly to big changes (and helping our partners do the same).
Our network supercharged both organizers’ and supporters’ efforts
- Over 216,000 events were created by nearly 2,000 organizations (campaigns, state parties, advocacy organizations, nonprofits, etc.)
- We saw 3x more actions in Q1 than in Q4. 1.04mm individuals signed up for 1.46mm actions
- In February alone, we saw 581,000 individuals sign up for 733,000 actions
- Distributed organizing capabilities enabled volunteers to host 31,000 events in just three months. This compares to 29,000 events across all of 2019
Use of Mobilize went online in light of COVID-19
- We focused on prioritizing safety by promoting the use of virtual organizing and providing new tools for organizers.
- We were able to support clients in their successful transition to virtual organizing through through one-on-one contact and resources across our site and blog.
- Despite social distancing, volunteers continued to sign up to get involved. Our weekly sign-up volume is currently higher than any week in 2019!
- We moved to be a 100% remote team
This quarter we are on track to:
- Add more digital tools to make virtual organizing easier such as weekly webinar trainings, new virtual distributed organizing capabilities, and other new features.
- Release a brand new site with virtual volunteer opportunities at volunteerfromyourcouch.com.
- Empower new partners to make a substantial difference by providing free services to all COVID-19 relief organizations and an online resource center.
- Add many more labor unions, advocacy organizations, and nonprofits to the Mobilize network!